Monday, November 17, 2014

This Week

Please forgive me for not posting any detailed information this week.  Preparing for 39 conferences is quite time consuming.  

I just wanted to bullet the most important information:

Lively Letters:
n/g
l/r

Sight Words:
in
to
it

Read Aloud:
Apples, Apples, Apples by Nancy Elizabeth Wallace
The Story of the Pilgrims by Katharine Ross

Nonfiction Text:
"Pilgrims' First Year" in our Let's Find Out magazine.  Here is the class code to view at home with your child.

 Classroom Code: mrsdolchkindy1
Math:
Addition number stories: if you notice, I use number lines as a strategy to solve addition problems.

Math addition games
Monster Squeeze game:    Monster Squeeze (here is the game we will be playing on the number line in  our classroom)


FYI
On Friday, we will be having fun and educational Thanksgiving centers.  I am looking forward to getting some help from some parent volunteers.  I will be sure to post pictures of the activities.  

We will visit the Book Fair during library tomorrow.  Make sure to stop by during conferences!


Volunteers:
A few parents came forward to offer help in the classroom.  I am putting a schedule together and will send it out to those who are interested (this does NOT include parties). I am trying my best to accommodate to everyone.  If you are still interested, I can put you down on the schedule later on in the year.





No comments:

Post a Comment